- Large virtual keyboard, click in an entry and use the full screen keyboard. (Small embedded keyboard still works too.)
- Single setting for English / Metric.
- Magnetic variation is taken into account for improved e-compass accuracy.
- Improved units management (single setting now).
- Crazy elevations in foot display fixed.
- Enhanced voice guidance (reporting distance and turn direction in MobileMapper Field “go to” mode; reporting one major distance and direction to move in “go to” mode instead of two distances and two directions.) Voice guidance is now available in French, German, and Russian languages besides English.
- AXF improvements (supported limits for attribute values, text attributes can now contain quotation characters, performance/refactoring.)
- MMO: Office program allows re-projecting results into another export job folder. So data collected in one projection, and optionally post-processed, can be exported to a new folder in another projection.
- MMO: Office program now allows exporting to .GPX files. (In addition to .KML and .CSV files.)
- MMO: Office program does not crash when post-processing files that crashed previous versions.
- MMO: Office program now imports ATOM files directly as reference RAW data.
- Improved “go to” mode for close navigation in MobileMapper Field
- ECW background map format support.
- RTK initialization in MobileMapper Field.
- Possibility to re-occupy and update existing point feature coordinates with GPS position in the field. (Points only, not polylines or polygons.)
- Records raw data to the job folder (the same folder where the .MAP file is located) in MobileMapper Field.
- GPS metadata (STATUS, Number of SV’s, PDOP, HRMS, VRMS) as feature attributes in MobileMapper Field. These values are filled in automatically when new features are stored.
- Vertical offset in MobileMapper Field. Allows storing inverts to features from measurement point.
- Attribute editing during feature logging in MobileMapper Field. You can now edit feature attributes while averaging is active.
- Low memory warning in MobileMapper Field. When you nearly fill up the destination storage location, a warning is shown.
- GPS status display during averaging in MobileMapper Field.
- Showing GPS status when PDOP filter is being applied.
- Stop logging confirmation in MobileMapper Field.
- GPX data file recording in MobileMapper Field. Checkbox is found under ‘Options: Recording.’ (When enabled, GPX data is stored to \My Documents\Ashtech\gpx.gpx.) Setting is persistent when MobileMapper Field is restarted.
- Possibility to stop averaging early in MobileMapper Field.
- Reduced application startup time when using OSM map (loading it in background.) Yeah!
- Displaying coordinates of a location that user tap on a map. When you tap on the display screen, the coordinates where you taped are shown.
- Position status voice information.
- Reference station ID display, when using real time corrections.
- Displaying current RAW data file path/name in “Options: Recording” screen. Makes it easier to associate the correct RAW file with collected data.
- RAW data file is now automatically placed in the project folder, making it easier to keep raw data files with a project.
- International feet support
- OK soft key on the logged point screen
- L2 SNR display.
- …and much, much more!
Monthly Archives: October 2012
I did not see much chance of Spectra Precision / Ashtech releasing the GEOID12A model as a self installer so here is my implementation:
This is a digitally signed, self installing tool that should figure out where the correct place to put GEOIDS is and stick G12A there.
Ok, the On/Off switch on the MobileMapper and ProMark series is hard to use. Hopefully an 8-minute video will straighten us all out. Really!
Check out: http://youtu.be/TeQnYMEtUO0 on YouTube
Connecting a Legacy Z-Max to VRS Network
This method works with both ‘SurvCE’ and ‘FAST Survey’.
The easiest way to connect a Z-Max (or Z-Extreme) to a NTRIP or Direct IP is not with the factory GSM module. It is with a data collector, connected to the internet by Wi-Fi through a Mi-Fi device (or Bluetooth to cellphone,) and a serial connection from a COM port on the data collector to the Z-Max.
To use Wi-Fi you will need a data collector that has Wi-Fi and a hardwired serial port (Carlson Surveyor+.) You may alternatively use a BlueTooth connection to a cell phone and a hardwired connection to a serial port (Ashtech MMCX, MM100, PM100, PM200, Carlson Allegro.)
The www.ashtech.com website now redirects the to the www.SpectraPrecision.com website, which is the old Ashtech website with optical instruments added in. The old Spectra Precision website is now http://legacy.spectraprecision.com
So, I guess that the old SP website is going away.
I have to say that “Visually it looks like Ashtech took over SP.” Of Course We All Saw That Coming!
Update 11 Oct 2012: Checkout the self installer tool [ here ]
GEOID 2012A has been out for a month now.
I complied Ashtech Geoid .GEO files and have made them available for download.
Decompress the ZIP file and then place the Geoid12A.geo file at this location (in Win7 64):
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Ashtech\Geoids
‘GNSS Solutions’ and the ‘Geoids’ extract tool will find the file the next time they are started.
If you are looking for GEOID12A for Carlson SurvCE, check out: